The purpose of cutting section is cutting the garments precisely & consistent with pattern size and shape. The main flow is given below in short:
Marker Planning → Fabric Spreading → Placing marker Paper on lays → Inspection →
Numbering → Cutting → Bundling → Input to the sewing section
A short review of the procedure of cutting section is given below:
- Receive the fabric: After confirming the work order sheet, the cutting room receives fabric.
- Receive the Cutting Ratio & make the cutting quantity plan: A cutting ratio is sent by the Merchandiser for every style of garment to do the cutting job smoothly. After that the Cutting Manager makes the cutting quantity plan.
- Lay Planning: The cutting manager & in-charge do a lay plan before fabric spreading.
- Marker Making: After lay planning marker making process begins to make the cutting accurate.
- Set Marker Ratio: In this stage, a marker maker prepares the marker ratio.
- Fix the number of lay per Cutting: Before fabric spreading, the number of lays per cutting is decided.
- Inspect the Fabric: Before Fabric Spreading, the fabric is inspected if there is any defect on fabric like shading problems, holes etc. This operation is done by the cutting supervisor.
- Fabric Spreading: Fabric Spreading is the process of spreading the fabric in the cutting table. During this process the fabric is cut into pieces. The pieces are in a specific length which are then placed on top of each other to form several plies. The length of a ply is determined by the shape, size and the number of the components which are to be cut from it. This spreading can be done in two ways:
1. Manual Spreading
2. Automated Spreading
9. Marker Setting on lay: After fabric spreading the marker is placed on top of the lays.
10. Cutting: Generally there are two kinds of fabric cutting techniques:
1. portable cutting
2. stationary cutting
With the advancement in technology there have been improvements in fabric techniques also like Automated, Numerically Controlled cutting systems, which has Automatic blade cutting, Laser cutting, Water jet cutting, Die Cutting.
11. Numbering: Every style of fabric parts is numbered after cutting to avoid mixing.
12. Bundling: In the sewing rooms of garment factories, they use the bundling system. Small batches of garments move from one workstation to another in a controlled manner because it is essential for operators to be able to identify each pile. Each piece is sorted according to size and color. One has to manually write the bundle card/ label like Order No, PO No, color, size and bind the bundle. All pieces corresponding to specific sections of the garment (such as sleeves or collar) these are bundled together.
13. Bundle Sending to Sewing Section: Finally, all bundles are sent to sewing section for bulk production.
To track the bundles, writing bundle cards, more manpower is needed & time is wasted. It also affects the lead time of delivery. But think about automating this same process! You no longer need extra manpower for writing bundle cards, a lot of your time will be saved in the cutting section. The time saved here, you can utilize it in sewing section. Ultimately by saving lead time, you will be able to deliver products on time to the buyer and get a good appreciation. Also, the chance of error can be eliminated.
Our barcode enabled system CUTRACKER is a very good example of how you can fully automate your bundling process. You can check our system from the below link where we offer fully automated bundling system. A user just need to give a couple of inputs like Order No, PO No, color, size, part, type, lot, quantity and that’s it. You are good to go!
Now let’s see how our CUTRACKER can add value to your organization:
- Bardcode Enabled Bundle Card: We provide Barcode enabled Bundle Card System that can help you automate your manual processes in bundling while tracking the production. This will also reduce extra manpower for writing bundle cards.
- AI Based Fabric Consumption: You can easily know the consumption status. The amount of quantity saved or loss & used consumption in it.
- Excess Cutting Track: We provide excess cutting report that is a perfect way for tracking buyer, order & PO wise excess cutting.
- Rejection Tracking: You can also track the part wise amount of rejection in the cutting section.
- Fabric Wastage Track: Easily get to know the amount of fabric saved or wasted.
- Excess Cutting Track: You can also get PO wise excess cutting information & the amount of excess cutting.
- Auto Generated Reports: We provide auto generated reports that will help you to track your 360 degree cutting production from anywhere, anytime.No more fake production. Reports can be customized.
- Easy to operate & User Friendly: The User Interface (UI) & User Experience (UX) of this system is designed in such a way that any non technical person can easily go with it.
For more details, please go through the link https://www.skylarksoft.com/cutracker-barcode-enabled-bundle-card-system/
You can reach us for a trial of CUTRACKER from our website www.skylarksoft.com by submitting the quick contact form or you can directly email us at email@example.com