In general, Garments ERP systems broadly covers human resources, finance, operations, and corporate services. Both have their roles for your business. Garments ERP system goRMG ERP introduces with the modules explain bellow:
Sewing target determination:
You may often need to estimate machine requirement calculation. The primary information you need for calculating the number of machines. The estimation will make it easier for you to determine your sewing target. And you will calculate the following:
- Daily production target – it means how many pieces you want to stitch per day.
- The number of hours in a shift – How many hours you plan to work each day.SMV of each operation – Standard minute value for each execution.
- Present efficiency of the factory – Efficiency is required because production will depend on how efficiently workers may do their job.
Sales target Determination:
Your sales targets will grow with your erp system. Best sales planners set targets in areas that will drive business growth. For example, if the market is chasing compression gym clothing, they increase their targets for that range.
In setting sales targets, you need to:
- Consider the profit margins each of your sales will achieve (there is little point in reaching your sales target figure but shrinking your margin to achieve it)
- Be realistic — your targets must be carried, by marketing plan information
- keep all your business costs in mind and plan for growth.
Every buyer always wants to deal with the right manufacturer for establishing a successful order. Therefore, the buyer needs to check some useful parameters before placing an order to the manufacturer, known as buyer audit. A buyer audit is a set of queries about finding a company profile. This profile includes company location, capacity, details of the product, machinery details, product price, terms & conditions, etc. in the garments ERP system.
- An international buyer generally collects information from the following sources:
- Different embassies, working in his country.
- News media.
- Own website of the company.
- Ministry of Commerce and industries.
- Trade Fairs in the country.
- From other buyers, other resources persons like Merchandisers, Fashion Designers, and Production people.
- Different websites of the internet.
- Facebook, Twitter & other social media.
- By different types of training, get together, workshops, etc.
The sample is a product which represents a group of product or lot. It will reflect the quality and expertise of the exporter or manufacturer. Garment samples are inevitably a significant part of exporting. The sampling procedure in the apparel industry is a supreme activity for order acceptance.
The principal purposes of the sampling process in the garment industry given below:
- Allow the buyer to judge the production capabilities of the manufacturer.
- Provide a means for making revisions in the bulk production process.
- Let the manufacturer estimate the thread, utilize the fabric, and develop cost quotations.
- To let the buyer know the potential of an exporter.
After selecting a style by a buyer, the Price Quotation starts. Price Quotation is playing a vital role as it is a way of order confirmation of garment. Once an order is confirmed, the merchandising department starts working with an export house.
- In costing a merchandiser is mainly quoted:
- Yarn price
- Yarn average rate
- Trims cost of the garment
- Knitting rate
- Average weight & gross weight of the garment
- Handwork on a garment
- Linking rate
- Stitching rate
- Overhead of the factory
- Labor cost
- Profit of buying houses
- Sourcing rate
- Samples submissions rate
- Once we quoted the price, we quoted all rates to the buyer.
Garments production is a complicated business in ERP system. It is a business path where so many guys have to perform to achieve targets. Every minute counts in this hard-working track. Someone has to pay more attention to executing all functions than any other business. It is a little bit complicated, challenging, and point oriented job. If someone does the task flawlessly, it is well & good, but if somebody, having short of practical knowledge, lack of skill, and careless attitude, the result cannot be imaginable. There has no option to show any inattention in this profession. They have to work in a time frame and achieve the target delivery date if we observe their job routine closely. Here, find a chronological sequence of garments orders execution process in the manufacturing factory.
- Inquiry of a product
- Lead time/Space Availability
- Order Confirmation
- Purchase Order (PO)
Color and size breakdown:
In bulk apparel production, garment manufacturers get an order in volume for a style. In such bulk orders, garment supplier needs to garment for multiple sizes. Like, the same design is made for size small, size medium, and size Large.
The buyer PO contains total order quantity and size-wise order quantity. Sometimes buyers do not provide the size wise quantity breakup. Instead, they provide the following details.
- Total order quantity,
- List of sizes garment to made and
- Size-wise quantity ratio of garments
From the result, you need to calculate the size-wise weight. A mathematical calculation uses to convert the result into quantity. At the time of the cut order plan, the garment manufacturers calculate the size-wise weights.
You can use the following steps to find a size-wise quantity.
- Step#1. Calculate the sum of all ratios. Here size ratio (1:2:2:1), 1+2+2+1 =6
- Step#2. Divide total order quantity by sum of the ratio (here 6)
- Step#3. Multiply the result by the ratio of a particular size
The conversion uses the following formula for the ratio to quantity.
Quantity of a size = (order quantity X ratio of the particular size)/ (Sum of the ratio of all sizes)
Let’s consider the above data as an example. size wise cutting quantity will be
- S = (10000 /6) *1 = 1666.66 = 1667
- M = (10000 /6) *2 = 3333.33 = 3333
- L = (10000 /6) *2 = 3333.33 = 3333